Deep Drawn Stampings – Deep Drawing
Since 1903, customers have brought unique product requirements and manufacturing challenges to ECHO Industries and we have consistently and successfully delivered high quality solutions.
- Deep Drawing to 8”
- Cylindrical Deep Drawing to 12”
- Stamp and form Stainless Steel – Brass – Bronze – Cold Rolled Steel – Aluminum – Copper
- Production runs from 500 to 50,000
- Military, Industrial, Dairy, Shool, Sporting Goods and other industries served
- Custom Assembly
- Deep Drawing, Stamping and Assembly
- School Furniture Book Boxes
- Desiccant Containers / Static Dehumidifiers
- Ice Cream Cans
The deep draw process begins with metal blanks. Single blanks are employed to produce parts or products with deeper shapes. Throughout the deep drawing process a metal blank is shaped via pressure applied by a metal die.
Deep Drawing Station Types
The deep draw stamping process may entail smaller individual processes to achieve the final dimensions of a specified part. These may include
- Blanking: Blanking is the process of cutting the initial sheet coil stock into round or shaped flats required for deep drawing. The blanking processes is typically the first station in the press and involves a simple punch and die to cut out an initial metal blank that will then be deep drawn.
- Drawing: Drawing is the process of forming the metal with a punch and die. The final depth and shape may require progressively smaller series of dies that reduce the shape and increase depth and contour of the part.
- Piercing: The process of punching holes in the metal.
- Trimming: Excess metal is cut away to achieve the final dimensions of the finished part.
- Wall thickness variation:
- Work hardening:
- Bend Radii
- Part tolerances:
Advantages of Deep Drawing are:
-Economical for high volumes
-High strength and minimal weight
-Creating cylindrical objects and complex geometries possible
-Rapid cycle times and reduced lead times
Typical metals used in Deep Drawn Stampings
- Cold rolled steel
- Stainless steel
ECHO Industries is a manufacturer of short to medium run metal stampings, including deep drawn stampings and shells, progressive stampings, precision stampings, prototype stampings & short run stampings. Our own products include school furniture book boxes, naval desiccant containers, stainless steel ice cream cans, and hand tools. Materials used include steel, stainless steel, brass, bronze, aluminum, & copper. Industries served include furniture, construction, electrical supplies, plumbing supplies, defense/navy, shipyards, environmental services, hand tools, & dairy/ice cream.
Our specialty is Deep Drawn Stampings, particularly deep drawn cylinders and rectangular cans and shells. We can can draw as deep as 12”, with wall thicknesses from 0.012” to 0.125”. If your part is sized anywhere between a kitched cup and a kitchen sink, call us!